Friday, January 6, 2012

still hungry (as usual)

Hello,

Anyone out there? It's been such a long time. I've looked through my pictures and realized I never stopped cooking, so why should I stop documenting my food adventures? At one point, I started to think what's the point. More than once I've been asked how many followers I have or who even reads the blog, to which I answer (at first, somewhat embarrassed) "oh it's just for me and my friends who want recipes for the noms I've made." The usual response was a deflated "oh" and after hearing it a few times, I questioned maintaining the blog. FORGET YOU (not you, because obvi you're reading this- I mean those who thought that keeping this blog was a waste of my time). I created this blog so I can remember and share my "recipes." I do a lot of guestimating when I cook and it's hard to recreate the dishes I've made, not only for myself/ my belly's enjoyment, but also when friends are all up in my grill about the recipe for "turkey bolognese" or "dilled potatoes" or anything else tasty.

So, once again, this blog lives on. I must create a living journal of what I've made so we can all enjoy it next time! What's next?
Pictures of my homebaked pizzas of course!
Mozzarella, vine ripened tomatoes, and baby bella mushrooms.

Whole wheat with pesto, fresh mozzarella, and mushrooms (I have a thing for mushroom pizza, don't judge me).

Garlic herbed crust with bruschetta and homemade Italian (turkey) sausage, served with spring salad in citrus vinaigrette.







Actual recipes will come soon, for real!

om nom nom,
HK

No comments:

Post a Comment